Education & Clinical Consultations
We provide consultation and education for health care professionals, children’s mental health providers, and boards of education.
Examples of In-Service topics available
- Supporting Grieving Children and Youth
- Supporting Grieving Students in Schools
- Resiliency and Grief
- Preparation and Inclusion of Children in Hospital Visits
- Parenting a Grieving Child
- For nurses - Nursing the Dying Child
- For healthcare professionals – Communication with Families about Death
- Creative Expression for Grieving Adults and Children
- Creative Activities for Grieving Children
- Communication with Dying Children
- Communication with Children about Death
- Child Development and Concepts of Death
- Being Present in Palliative Care
Suggested Fee Schedule for Speakers
Fees are presented in hourly blocks unless otherwise noted. Longer teaching sessions are available and fees for such will be determined individually. Travel and other associated expenses should be remunerated.
- Plenary Session Rate $500.00 per hour
- Hourly Rate $300.00
Please also note the Centre relies solely on donations and all proceeds from the seminars delivered by our staff directly support the services we offer to families. If your organization is unable to pay our indicated fees, the Centre may offer a subsidized rate where possible. Please indicate in the “Additional Information” section of the Request for Teaching form if you require consideration for a subsidized fee.
An invoice for services will be provided. Cheques can be made payable to The Dr. Jay Children's Grief Centre.
If you require more information about sessions or topics, please contact us using the form below.