Education & Clinical Consultations
We provide consultation and education for health care professionals, children’s mental health providers, and boards of education.
Examples of In-Service topics available
- Supporting Grieving Children and Youth
- Supporting Grieving Students in Schools
- Resiliency and Grief
- Preparation and Inclusion of Children in Hospital Visits
- Parenting a Grieving Child
- For nurses - Nursing the Dying Child
- For healthcare professionals – Communication with Families about Death
- Creative Expression for Grieving Adults and Children
- Creative Activities for Grieving Children
- Communication with Dying Children
- Communication with Children about Death
- Child Development and Concepts of Death
- Being Present in Palliative Care
Suggested Fee Schedule for Speakers
The Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Center relies solely on donations and all proceeds from the seminars delivered by our staff directly support the clinical services we offer to families.
- Hourly Rate: $300.00
- Half-day Teaching Session (2.5 hours): $600.00
- Consultation Rate for Team Meetings: $150.00/hour
- Plenary Session Rate: $500.00
* Travel, printed materials and other associated expenses should be remunerated.
Requests for longer teaching sessions, tailored workshops and consideration for subsidized fees should be indicated in the “Additional Information” section of the Request for Teaching form. These requests and related fees will be determined individually.
An invoice for services will be provided. Cheques can be made payable to the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre.
If you require more information about sessions or topics, please contact us using the form below.