Legacy and Planed Giving
By planning your legacy gift today, you can leave a tremendous mark and impact on the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre for generations to come. Planned giving is a way to ensure you make a lasting contribution towards supporting the causes you care about. Leave a legacy gift today to help continue supporting and educating grieving children, youth, and their families through experiences of grief, death, and dying.
Thank you for thinking of the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre and for all of your support.
What you will need to know:
- Our legal name is Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre
- Our charitable registration number is 841536980RR0001
- Our address is 250 Davisville Avenue, Suite 405, Toronto ON, M4S 1H2.
Wills & Bequests:
A bequest can be in many different forms:
- Charitable Bequests – can take many forms and often consist of cash, real property and/or securities like stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- Residual Bequests – name the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre as the beneficiary of all, or a percentage of your estate after all debts, taxes, administrative expenses and specific/legacies bequests have been paid. Because this type of gift leaves a percentage rather than a fixed amount to the Centre, inflation will not reduce the value of your gift.
- Specific/Legacy Bequests – designate an exact dollar amount, percentage or particular asset, such as the stock of a certain company, to be donated to the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre.
- Contingent Bequests – take effect when you name the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre as an alternate beneficiary. Your gift is given to the Centre only if other beneficiaries in your Will die before you.
“My estate trustees shall pay ______% of the residue of my estate to the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre, Toronto, ON, for the purpose of supporting the highest priority needs as determined by the Centre.”
“My estate trustees shall pay the sum of $ ______ (or transfer assets with an equal value) to the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre, Toronto, ON, for the purpose of supporting the highest priority needs as determined by the Centre.”
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com or 416-360-1111