In May 2021, DJCGC made the difficult decision to permanently close. After months of careful review and extensive consideration we are pleased to announce that Yorktown Family Services has been selected to continue DJCGC’s legacy of building strength, resilience and hope with children, youth and families.
DJCGC’s counselling team has been welcomed to the Yorktown family to continue to provide the same compassionate care, support, and education to grieving children, youth, and families that DJCGC is renowned for.
DJCGC’s well-established multidisciplinary and collaborative counselling and education programs for individuals and groups have now transitioned to Yorktown Family Services’ core clinical services. The program provides a variety of supports for children, youth and families (age 0-21) living in the city of Toronto:
- Bereavement counselling support after the death of an immediate family member or custodial caregiver
- Acute Response services for families where death is anticipated and imminent with a prognosis of 6 months or less or after a sudden or traumatic death
- Child and Youth Support Program group support for bereaved children and youth
- Family Support Program offers Family Nights and workshops for caregivers
- Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)
The YAC formed at the DJCGC in 2020 continues at Yorktown. Youth participants may apply for opportunities to develop and enhance their leadership skills through membership in a Youth Advisory Committee.
For more information on Yorktown Family Services’ grief and bereavement programs and supports for children, youth and families or to be notified about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please go to Grief and Bereavement – Yorktown Family Services or email at GriefProgram@yorktownfamilyservices.com
Referrals are made through intake: 416-394-2424 x234
To support the YFS Grief Program: Donate – Yorktown Family Services
To follow Yorktown Family Services on social media: